Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
6 PM - Ride Leader Meeting
About the meeting:
Annual Ride Leader Training and meeting to discuss NFBC rules and policies, Ride Leader duties and responsibilities, importance of safety briefings, and exchange best practices.
- 5:45 to 6:00 Meet and Greet
- 6:00 to 6:30 Dinner
- The club will pay for the first $20 of your dinner
- You can finish your dinner while the meeting continues
- 6:30 to 8:00 Meeting
Who should attend?
- Any current Ride Leaders
- Any NFBC member who is interested in being a Ride Leader
- All NFBC Board Members
Becoming a Ride Leader
Ride Leaders are the heart and soul of our club ride program. Our Ride Leaders keep the ride calendar filled throughout the year with safe rides and fun experiences. If you are currently a Ride Leader or interested in becoming a ride leader, you are invited to join the ranks!
What are the requirements to be a Ride Leader?
- Excellent riding skills on streets and bike paths
- Exercise good judgement in a variety of circumstances
- Support NFBC club rules and policies
- Prioritize the well-being of other riders ahead of personal cycling goals
What is not required to be a Ride Leader?
- You do not need to be fast.
- You do not need to be able to ride extreme distances
- You do not need to be a bicycle mechanic
- You do not need a lot of time (Substitute Ride Leaders and Deputy Ride Leaders are needed)
- You do not need to be a tenured club member (We have some Ride Leaders who started within a month of joining the club).
If you have any questions about the meeting or being a Ride Leader, please feel free to contact Chris Cayanas at email@example.com.
Tuesday, October 29, 2019, 6:00 PM until 8:00 PM
Culhane's Irish Pub
9720 Deer Lake Ct
Jacksonville, FL 32246
Registration is not Required